To build up the community of Christ.
Build up the community of Christ by:
- Loving one another – building truth-filled relationships
John 13:34; I Peter 4:8; Ephesians 4:15
- Forgiving one another – building peace-filled relationships
I Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:1-32; Matthew 18:15-20
- Serving one another – building committed relationships
Galatians 5:13; Exodus 17:11-12; Proverbs 19:20; I Corinthians 12:21-26
- Submitting to one another – building humble relationships
Ephesians 5:21; I Peter 5:5; Philippians 2:3-4; Matthew 7:3-5
- Encouraging one another – building safe relationships
I Thessalonians 5:11; Romans 1:12; Ephesians 4:29
- Being devoted to one another – building faithful relationships
Proverbs 17:17; Romans 12:5-10; Proverbs 13:3
How do I get help if I am struggling emotionally or spiritually?
We all at various times need hope. Are you struggling with an area of sin? Is someone else’s sin affecting you? Are you going through a life-altering trial?
It’s our desire in Biblical Soul Care to come alongside you during this time. We hope to lovingly care for you and help carry your burdens (Galatians 6:1-2; James 1:2-5). More importantly, we want to point you to the ultimate hope, Jesus Christ.
There are times in each person’s life when life just gets too hard and we need encouragement and direction from someone other than ourselves. Biblical Soul Care involves sharing your story with someone and taking biblically based direction to aid you in turning to Christ Jesus for your comfort and answers. We will lay a scriptural foundation to equip you to walk through the hard time while relying on God.
CLICK HERE to download and fill out a Biblical Soul Care application. It is a fillable PDF file so it can be filled out and saved on your computer. After saving the PDF, you can either:
- Print it out, sign it and return it to the church office to the attention of DeLaine Lanman.
- Or, attach your completed pdf to an email addressed to DeLaine Lanman;
If you have trouble connecting with us and are in an emergency situation, please call 911 immediately.
How do I get help with my hurting marriage?
Part of building one another up is helping each other grow in our marriages. CLICK HERE to learn more about marriage mentoring.
What is the process for getting married at Harvest?
Deciding to get married is a life changing decision. At Harvest we offer a Pre-Marital Class to help you lay the foundation for a God-centered marriage. Also, Harvest pastors/directors are available to officiate your wedding. If you would like to have your wedding at Harvest, please follow the checklist below:
- Read through the HBC Wedding Policies and Procedures document
- Read through the HBC Wedding Fees Schedule.
- Complete and return the HBC Marriage & Wedding Ceremony Application.
Fill it out, print it and sign it before returning it to the office, Attention: DeLaine Lanman
- Meet with a Harvest Pastor/Director for a pre-marriage meeting
- Complete a Harvest Pre-Marital class.
What is the process for having a funeral at Harvest?
Loss of a loved one is very difficult and our pastors are available to support you as you grieve. If you would like to speak with a pastor, or you would like to hold your loved one’s funeral at Harvest, please contact DeLaine Lanman, or (563) 359-5333.
CLICK HERE to review Harvest funeral guidelines and fees.
Upcoming Congregational Care Events